Who we are::
Hammerquist Studios is the active-outdoor lifestyle creative and development team within Cole & Weber. Centered between the Cascades and Puget Sound in Seattle’s thriving South Lake Union district, the Hammerquist Studios’ team pours their heart and soul into the brands they represent. Founded by longtime industry veteran Fred Hammerquist, the team is a branding, creative and digital agency defined by personal passions for the outdoor space, fueled by the resources of C&W and grounded by lasting working relationships with premium brands. Our current client list includes brands such as Hydro Flask, SCARPA, Osprey, Sage, Fisheries Supply, Polartec, HydraPak, Kirkwood, Summit at Snoqualmie and Heavenly Mountain Resort.
Who you are:
- A highly-organized developer that can balance priorities, time, cost, risk and quality while delivering against commitments.
- A person who is ok with being open, naïve and uncomfortable in order to learn and grow.
- A curious person who asks questions in order to break new ground.
- Someone that shows empathy for others and has an upbeat, positive attitude in order to maintain a positive atmosphere.
- You’re calm in a storm and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You’d be inspired and motivated by working for brands in the outdoor industry.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Application and extension installation
- PHP feature builds to spec
- PHP debugging and troubleshooting
- Performance benchmarking
- Template building using UIKit framework
- Data entry, including large data sets in XML and/or CSV
- HTML email creation using inline styles
- QA including redlines and browser testing
- 1 - 3 years PHP development in a team environment
- 1 – 3 years Magento 2.x theming experience
- 1 - 3 years Magento 2.x code structure experience
- Intermediate proficiency with LESS/ SASS/GRUNT
- Intermediate proficiency with CLI for linux
- Intermediate proficiency with CLI for GIT
- 3 – 5 years HTML5
- 3 – 5 years CSS3
- 3 – 5 years native JS
- Strong Competency with IDEs
- Intermediate understating of ADA level A compliance
Additional experience that’s a plus:
- AWS base infrastructure, including security groups, VPCs, EC2, RDS, Load balancers
- Familiarity with caching technologies such as Redis, Memcache and Varnish
- Bootstrap and UIKit frameworks
- Magento 1.X
- Expression Engine 3.x and 4.x
- Craft CMS
- MySQL basic queries
- SEO best practices
- Continuous Integration strategies
- Proficiency with Word/Excel
- Data transformations
- XML/CSV creation and manipulation
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- “Open” wellness & vacation package
- 401k contribution
- Quarterly agency “Get Outside” days (ski day, hiking, etc)
- Free beverages (including beer & wine)
- Outdoor Industry discounts (cause who doesn’t love free gear?)
Reports To: Senior Development Director
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org